The Hope Classic Rally is a unique event created by a group of classic car enthusiasts who wanted to put their passion to good use by creating investment capital for vulnerable children in Southern and Eastern Africa.
Now in its fourth year, this two-day event has raised over £800,000 for WeSeeHope and their Village Investors Programme, which introduces self-funding savings and loans groups to African communities, enabling adults and young people to learn skills, start their own business and dramatically improve their lives. These groups create a multiplier effect that brings change to the wider communities and specifically benefits the orphaned and vulnerable children they care for.
The self-funding micro-finance model has chimed with the ‘start up’ entrepreneur, private equity and venture capitalist community, which understands the challenges associated with setting up businesses, investing savings for initial working capital and then driving momentum and growth. Its involvement with the Village Investors Programme has been of immeasurable value.
Our guests share an interest in the love of old cars. This has helped The Hope Classic Rally become a successful movement of enthusiasts, committed to putting their cars to good use to raise capital, and then encouraging other like-minded people to join the community.
The premise of the rally is simple: enthusiasts donate their cars for other enthusiasts to drive. They are some of the most beautiful cars ever built: almost everything you can imagine from a Ferrari 250SWB to a racing XK 120 to a Mercedes Benz Gullwing. Beautiful historic cars from Maranello and Stuttgart helping to improve the lives of children in Africa.
We invite you to come and enjoy being part of the movement, and, if you are inspired by the work of WeSeeHope, you are welcome to make a donation to support the charity.
“The work that WeSeeHope does is enormously inspiring and I’m so proud and happy to have been involved in this amazing rally. Driving such a stunning a car as the ex-Duncan Hamilton Jaguar XK120 was a real once-in-a-lifetime experience. What a brilliant way to raise so much money for such a worthy cause.”
The Hope Classic rally offers you the opportunity to drive cars rarely seen on the road and immerse yourself in a weekend of motoring, sport and entertainment.
Join us on Friday 15th June for a VIP dinner where you will meet some familiar faces, admire some of the world’s most prestigious cars. That evening, you will discover which of these vehicles you will have the privilege of driving the following day, on a route designed so that you can experience the best that these stunning cars have to offer.
Friday 15th June 2018
- Arrive mid-afternoon at Mercedes-Benz World
- Check-in to the prestigious Brooklands Hotel (accommodation included)
- View the impressive line-up of cars in the Rally whilst overlooking the original and iconic Brooklands track
- Enjoy a VIP drinks reception hosted in Mercedes-Benz World followed by a stunning VIP dinner and auction, giving you the opportunity to win some once-in-a-lifetime prizes. You will also see the hotly anticipated reveal of car allocations and a celebrity Q&A session
Saturday 16th June 2018
- Following a sumptuous breakfast at the Brooklands Hotel, drivers will be briefed and introduced to the cars by their owners and mechanics
- The Rally then begins and you will venture through the beautiful Surrey Hills and rolling South Downs
- Participants will enjoy a pit stop lunch and the chance to mingle with other drivers, as well as take advantage of unique photo opportunities as part of this event
“What I have learnt about WeSeeHope is that they do things properly. They invest their time properly. They are thoughtful about the way they approach charitable events – and if you’re going to do a Classic Car rally in the UK, what better place than Brooklands.”
A few of the cars we have available for you to drive at the Hope Classic Rally 2018
Mercedes 300 SL
Jaguar XK 150
Ferrari 250 pf cabriolet
Aston Martin DB5 C
Ferrari 250 GT SWB
HOW YOUR SUPPORT WILL CREATE REAL HOPE
WeSeeHope supports orphaned and vulnerable children living in extreme poverty in Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
Over the last 17 years, the organisation has developed an approach that most effectively brings the widest and most long-term change to these children. Introducing programmes that tackle the challenges prevalent in isolated communities where parents and guardians struggle to provide for, protect and educate their children, WeSeeHope works with local project partners to:
- Provide access to education
- Give emotional and social support to vulnerable children
- Support child headed households
- Teach communities about child rights and protection
- Deliver vocational and business skills training for young people
- Establish income generating activities to sustain communities
To support and underpin these social and educational programmes, WeSeeHope creates savings and loans groups through its Village Investors Programme (VIP), which enables members to save money, set up businesses and earn a regular income. In doing so, the VIP helps to address the financial challenges that can cause children to drop out of school, be pushed into forms of child labour, abused and exploited. By economically empowering parents and guardians, WeSeeHope develops a foundation from which communities can not only support themselves and their children, but thrive in doing so.
Thanks to the Hope Classic Rally, WeSeeHope is reaching more communities and creating hopeful, sustainable futures for more children and young people than ever before.
“Working with WeSeeHope to enable children to see a better future has been a privilege and an honour. We share the passion to make a difference and are proud to partner with a team who are committed to achieving that in a sustainable way.”